Okay, it’s Wednesday again, which means it’s time to fess up on how the goals are going.
First off, I’ve now been trying to persuade my daughter to have a nap for the last two hours. It’s not going well. She didn’t have one on Monday, either, and only had a half hour cat nap at nursery yesterday.
(ETA: She’s asleep! Hooray! That only took… two and a half hours.)
Still, despite the encroaching destruction of my writing time, I have cowboyed up, made the most of the time I do have and Got Stuff Done.
These were my goals for this check in:
- Revise another 8,000 words of SF
- Write my working synopsis for Tea & Devilry
- Revised 11,500 words of Sea Fever
- Got 3/4 of my rough and ready working synopsis for Tea & Devilry
I’m taking that as a successful week!
So, by Sunday check in, I want to:
- Have finished this round of edits for SF. I still need to edit another 8,ooo existing words, and write a few new scenes to reach that point. Then next week, I can start the intensive scene by scene language and polish edit.
- Have finished the working synopsis for T&D. So I can start writing it next Wednesday, as my birthday present to myself!
Right, off to check how the rest of you are doing, now.