So when we did manage a quiet day at home, just me and the daughter, neither of us had much energy for impressive, complicated baking (do we ever?). But we did still want cake, obviously. So we made these.
So simple that I’ve memorised the recipe, involving chocolate chips (always a bonus), and really, really tasty. Especially warm from the oven.
Make these. Today. Really.
Bake 30: Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and put paper cakes in a bun tray
- Sift flour into bowl, add butter, sugar and eggs then beat together with mixer until smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Spoon into cases and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Eat. Joyfully