I’d planned to make these cupcakes today, as they’re actually called Independence Day Cranberry and Maple Cupcakes in the book I nabbed them from, but as you can see, mine are more pink, white and cream than red, white and blue. Still, once I read this review of Room for Love from Long and Short reviews, I decided that celebratory cupcakes were most definitely in order.
These sticky sweet cupcakes are studded with cranberries and drenched in maple syrup, and my whole house smells delicious right now.
But more importantly… did you read the review yet? She says:
Room for Love is a contemporary story that warmed my heart. I like a good book that has a plot with inheriting a large place like an inn. They just appeal to me, and this story took my heart rather quickly. I have a soft spot for some of the great secondary characters that helped keep this story fresh and exiting.
Isn’t that nice?
They even sent me a special button to let people know they’d reviewed the book:
Sorry, you’re just here for the cupcakes, aren’t you? Here they are:
Cranberry & Maple Celebratory Cupcakesfrom Wendy Sweetser’s Special Cupcakes
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 75g dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp milk
- 175g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line a 12 cup muffin tray with cases
- Beat the sugar and butter together until smooth, then stir in the maple syrup
- Fold in the flour, then add the cranberries and juice, stirring until just combined
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Meanwhile, put the maple syrup, butter and milk for the frosting in a small bowl and microwave until the butter has melted, then add the vanilla
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, then stir in the butter mixture, stirring until smooth
- Allow to cool, then beat with a spoon until thick, before icing the cooled cupcakes.